Health Benefits at a Glance:
One of the main factors spurring on the natural aging process is that the amount of energy producing units inside the cell decreases over time. Acetyl L-carnitine arginate can help transport “raw materials” for cellular energy production into the cells. This helps maintain a youthful metabolism and energy production. Moreover, Acetyl L-carnitine arginate also have brain health supporting effects.
Why it Works:
Over the course of life, the cells in the body naturally experience a decline in the parts of cells that produce energy. This is one of the key reasons for the onset and advance of the natural aging process. When cells produce less energy, it simultaneously reduces their metabolic activity [1-7]. Waste inside the cells is also accumulated more rapidly [1-7].
Luckily, L-carnitine can support youthful cell energy production and cell metabolism, because it helps transporting fatty acids into the mitochondria (the “powerhouses of the cell”) that reside inside the cell [8-13].
Since fatty acids are important fuel for cellular energy production, the transport of fatty acids is essential to cellular energy production. This is especially worth to take note of, when considering that the mitochondria make as much as 95% of the energy that the cells use, called ATP.
By supplementing with L-carnitine, you can help your cells get the raw materials they need for cellular energy production, which helps your cells stay “young”.
Moreover, the L-carnitine in this product comes in acetylated form, which can also support brain health.
The Science Behind the Product:
The L-carnitine in this product comes in an advanced acetylated form, which, aside from helping the transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria, also supports brain health. Acety-L-carnitine facilitates the release and synthesis of a substance known as acetylcholine, which is an important neurotransmitter [16,17]. Moreover, Acetyl-L-carnitine, can also help enhance dopamine release from neurons, and can also help bind dopamine to specific receptors [14, 15, 18, 19]. Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate enhances the benefits of acetyl-L-carnitine even further by supporting the connections between nerve cells.
How to Use:
- Take one (1) capsule three times daily, preferably on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- This product can be taken in divided doses or all at once.
Read original source
- Physiol Rev.1998 Apr;78(2):547-81.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Jun;1019:406-11.
- Trends Cell Biol. 2011 Oct;21(10):569-76.
- Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei). 2001 May;64(5):259-70.
- Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007 Feb;292(2):C670-86.
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997 Apr 1;94(7):3064-9.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1998 Nov 20;854:118-27.
- J Lipid Res. 2004 Apr;45(4):729-35.
- Metabolism. 1997 Dec;46(12):1454-7.
- Mech Ageing Dev. 1995 Oct 13;84(2):103-12.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Apr;959:491-507.
- Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000 Jun 26;1486(1):1-17.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Dec;86(6):1738-44.
- Neuropsychopharmacology. 2003 Apr;28(4):683-93.
- Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002 Sep;27(3):410-20.
- Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2010 Jul;10 Suppl 1:S99-106.
- J Neurosci Res. 2001 Oct 15;66(2):266-71.
- J Neurosci Res. 1991 Nov;30(3):555-9.
- Eur J Pharmacol. 1992 Jul 21;218(1):117-21.
- Altern Med Rev. 2005 Dec;10(4):268-93.
- Neurosci Lett. 1994 Jan 3;165(1-2):33-6.
- Neurochem Res. 1995 Jan;20(1):1-9.