Probiotics: How to Protect Your Stomach When TravelingPrint
Going abroad is one of the best occasions to try new and interesting foods. If you are going to visit a destination abroad, it’s worth knowing that bacterial floras can vary from that of your home country which can cause you various digestive issues.
Warmer temperatures can also make it more difficult keeping your fluid balance in check. This combination can result in digestive problems and put an unwanted stop to your travel plans.
Luckily, probiotic supplements can help you make sure that you can keep your stomach happy and enjoy your vacation fully.
Protect Yourself when Traveling
Experiencing stomach issues is a common travel-related woe, caused by eating food or drinking water that contains bacteria that your stomach isn’t used to. Some foods can also trigger digestive problems in people who have an intolerance, often to dairy products. The good news is that you can take preventive steps to decrease the risk of travel-related stomach issues Always:
- Follow the age-old advice: “Boil it! Peel it! Cook it!”
- Never consume unpasteurized food or beverages.
- Make sure all meat is completely cooked through and steaming hot when served to you.
- Resist the urge to buy food from street vendors.
- Stick to bottled water to drink and to brush your teeth, and don't add ice to your drinks unless you’re positive it was made with bottled water.
- Avoid uncooked fruits, salad and vegetables and without peel - don't eat peeled fruits and vegetables unless you are the one who peels them.
The delicate balance between beneficial and bad gut bacteria can be disrupted by many factors, especially when traveling.
Maximizing the Impact of Probiotics
As beneficial as probiotics are, they should be able to reach your intestines to work—and that requires them remaining intact as they pass through the harsh, acidic environment of the stomach.
This can limit the number of the live microbes that reach their destination—and in turn, limit their beneficial effects.
Try FLORASSIST® GI WITH PHAGE TECHNOLOGY. Inhibit unwanted bacteria and promote the growth of healthy probiotics to bring your intestinal balance back to normal.