Cognitex® Elite, EU
A highly advanced brain health support formula
Cognitex® Elite, EU
A highly advanced brain health support formula
For you, if you are looking for a highly advanced brain health formula
The active ingredients in Cognitex® Elite can:
- Promote rapid improvements in attention and focus 
- Encourage healthy mood and memory 
- Support brain blood circulation and neurotransmitter balance [2-4]
- Help inhibit inflammation to support brain health [7,8]
Cognitive decline can be a natural consequence of aging and can impact what you understand, process and remember. That’s why Life Extension® has now developed Cognitex® Elite; a very advanced brain support formula. This fantastic formula contains a wealth of brain-friendly nutrients that your brain needs daily to support and maintain cognitive function and health.
on orders over € 69
We have a 100 days return policy, not the standard 30 days!
Order before 11:00 CET, for same day shipping (Mon-Fri)
We can help you in 6 languages
Health benefits at a glance:
A healthy adult brain has an astonishing 100 billion nerve cells, each of which needs specific nutrients every day in order to perform optimally.
The Cognitex® Elite formula provides a comprehensive supply of specially selected nutrients that have been clinically shown to support brain health as you age. Support important cognitive abilities such as attention, focus, memory, and mood and counteract inflammation.
Why it works:
Keeping your brain fit means that you have to keep it supplied with all the nutrients it needs to perform daily. For a long time, the Cognitex® series has been one of Life Extension’s® most popular product lines. That’s why they are now introducing their highly advanced brain support formula: Cognitex® Elite.
Moreover, the Cognitex® Elite contains a novel, state-of-the-art sage extract known as SIBELIUS™. This extract helps promote an essential neurotransmitter which can enhance communication between brain cells.
With no less than five different nutrients and plant extracts, Cognitex® Elite offers a multifaceted approach to support your brain with beneficial nutrients.
By adding brain health-boosting nutrients to your diet such as, blueberries, phosphatidylserine and Uridine-5’-Monophosphate, you support key cognitive abilities like attention, focus, memory and mood.
Think about it: supporting your brain has never been easier than with Cognitex® Elite.
The science behind the product:
Containing a true treasure trove of nutrients such as sage extract, AuroraBlue® wild blueberries, Phosphatidylserine, Ashwagandha and more, Cognitex® Elite is an extremely advanced [CM3] health support from Life Extension®.
Together, the natural ingredients in this formula can support important cognitive abilities such as attention, focus, memory and mood and can also counteract inflammation. The Cognitex® Elite formula offers:
SIBELIUS™: SAGE extract
Sage extract helps promote healthy levels of the essential neurotransmitter acetylcholine , which helps brain cells communicating with each other. In a double-blind placebo-controlled study in young healthy adults, sage extract promoted healthy mood and cognitive performance .
The Cognitex® Elite formula contains SIBELIUS™: SAGE which is a sage extract like no other, as it has distinct health benefits not seen with other sage extracts. Furthermore, it also helps modulate healthy signaling of neurotransmitters like GABA, dopamine, serotonin and more.
In a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical study in healthy older adults, 333 mg of SIBELIUS™: SAGE quickly improved accuracy of attention scores compared to a placebo after only 1 hour .
Moreover, this powerful proprietary sage extract also quickly encourages long-term memory and promotes healthy blood flow within the brain . Lastly, pre-clinical studies have also shown that this particular sage extract can promote healthy expression of genes involved in lipid metabolism and insulin signaling pathways .
It has been scientifically shown that blueberry phytonutrients can help inhibit age-related decline in cognitive and motor function [15,16]. Wild blueberry extracts have also been shown to inhibit oxidative and inflammatory factors, which in turn supports memory health [17,18].
The Cognitex® Elite formula uses AuroraBlue®, a whole-food complex of various blueberry species from pristine Alaskan tundra with powerful antioxidant properties.
Phosphatidylserine (PS) is an essential component of healthy cell membranes. It is critical to brain metabolism and function, and it also supports brain-cell-to-brain-cell connections [5,19].
Among other things, phosphatidylserine (PS) promotes healthy cognitive function, healthy memory, concentration and attention [20-25]. Additionally, Phosphatidylserine (PS) helps the brain use its fuel efficiently by facilitating glucose (blood sugar) metabolism and stimulating production of acetylcholine; a key neurotransmitter which helps individual brain cells communicating with each other [26-28].
Ashwagandha provides brain-supporting effects by promoting the healthy growth of axons and dendrites, nerve cell components that support brain and nervous system function [29-31].
Ashwagandha also has beneficial effects on mood  and helps the body to adapt to stress  in order to promote well-being. It inhibits an enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine, which helps to maintain youthful cognition and memory .
Uridine-5’-Monophosphate (UMP) has been shown to promote healthy levels of neurotransmitters acetylcholine and dopamine in pre-clinical studies. These neurotransmitters support healthy brain function [35,36].
How to use:
Please take according to the dosage and use guidelines under supplement facts, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving size 2 tablets
Servings per container 30
Amount per serving:
|Sibelius™: SAGE extract (leaf ) [std. to 2.5% rosmarinic acid]||333 mg|
|Blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) extract (fruit)||200 mg|
|Ashwagandha extract (root, leaf ) [std. to 10% withanolide glycoside conjugates]||125 mg|
|Uridine-5’-Monophosphate, disodium||50 mg|
Other ingredients: bulking agents (microcrystalline cellulose/cellulose/gel, cross-linked sodium carboxymethylcellulose/cross-linked cellulose gum), anti-caking agents (silicon dioxide [nano], fatty acids), glazing agents (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, glycerol).
SIBELIUS™ is a trademark of Sibelius Limited and used under license.
CHRONOSCREEN™ is a trademark of Chronos Therapeutics Limited and used under license from Sibelius Limited.
Dosage and use:
Take two (2) tablets, with or without food.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not exceed recommended dose.
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
A food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Store tightly closed in a cool and dry place.
- http://www.alz.org/documents_custom/report_alzfactsfigures2010.pdf. Accessed July 10, 2015.
- http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/neurotoxicity/neurotoxicity.htm. Accessed August 16, 2013.
- Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009 May;1792(5):432-43.
- Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2013 Mar;15(1):67-76.
- Neurochem Int. 2012 Jun;60(8):827-36.
- Int J Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;3(2):219-41.
- J Pharm Pharmacol. 1997 Nov;49(11):1162-4.
- J Tradit Chin Med. 1997 Dec;17(4):299-303.
- Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2015 Aug;29(4):371-81.
- Neurosci Lett. 2015 May 6;594:40-5.
- Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 Mar;1831(3):523-32.
- Food Chem Toxicol. 2011 Jun;49(6):1303-15.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1994 Jun 30;717:253-69.
- J Int Med Res. 1991 Jul-Aug;19(4):330-41.
- J Neurol Sci. 2011 Jun 15;305(1-2):34-7.
- Curr Biol. 2015 Jun 1;25(11):1461-8.
- Ideggyogy Sz. 2007 Jul 30;60(7-8):301-10.
- Phytomedicine. 2009 Mar;16(2-3):111-7.
- J Psychoactive Drugs. 2011 Jan-Mar;43(1):1-5.
- Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2014 Sep;231(17):3537-56.
- Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007 Sep;71(9):2223-32.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2011 Apr 27;59(8):3674-85.
- J Periodontol. 2008 Jan;79(1):174-80.
- J Cell Biochem. 2010 Dec 1;111(5):1270-9.
- Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010 Jul;54 Suppl 2:S205-13.
- Mol Nutr Food Res. 2009 Sep;53(9):1143-55.
- Ann NY Acad Sci. 2007 Apr;1100:470-85.
- Phosphatidylserine: Number One Brain Booster. New Canaan, CT: Keats Publishing; 1998.
- Sports Med. 2006;36(8):657-69.
- Altern Med Rev. 2008 Jun;13(2):85-115.
- Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1992;42(4):385-8.
- Annu Rev Biophys. 2010 Jun 9;39:407-27.
- Nutrition. 2003 Nov-Dec;19(11-12):957-75.
- Neurobiol Aging. 2001 Jan-Feb;22(1):9-15.
- Exp Neurol. 1985 Jul;89(1):213-24.
- J Neural Transm Suppl. 1987;24:239-45.
- Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci. 2000;37(4):302-7.
- Clin Interv Aging. 2010 Nov 2;5:313-6.
- Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2010;29(5):467-74
- Altern Med Rev. 2008 Sep;13(3):245-7.
- Br J Pharmacol. 2005 Apr;144(7):961-71.
- Eur J Neurosci. 2006 Mar;23(6):1417-26.
- Yakugaku Zasshi. 2008 Aug;128(8):1159-67.
- Int J Dev Neurosci. 2005 Oct;23(6):501-7.
- Metabolism. 2008 Oct;57 Suppl 2:S6-10.
- Original source/product from Life Extension®