Health Benefits at a Glance:
Turmeric root contains compounds known as curcuminoids which offers a wealth of health benefits. Because this formula supports more curcuminoids and higher absorbability than standard curcumin, this formula can "amplify" the health benefits for your heart, mind, joints, cardiovascular system, immune system and more.
Why it Works:
Curcuminoids are compounds in curcumin that have multiple health benefits. They help inhibit inflammation to support joint health and vital organ health, promote a healthy immune response, support cardiovascular health and encourage heart health and more. But the total amount of free curcuminoids delivered by standard curcumin supplements is low.
Life Extension® has spent years searching for a superior, more available form of curcumin. Now, they have developed the powerful Curcumin Elite™ Turmeric Extract formula, which delivers the maximum health benefits of curcuminoids.
It does so, by using sophisticated technologies that protect curcuminoids during digestion and deliver more free curcuminoids per dose.
The tricky part about delivering curcumin that can be used by the body is that curcuminoid compounds undergo conjugation once they enter the body.
This a normal chemical reaction where one compound attaches to another. However, the conjugation of curcuminoids is problematic, because conjugated curcuminoids do not necessarily provide the same health benefits as non-conjugated ones [1,2].
This formula protects curcuminoids from conjugation by combining curcumin with a type of fiber derived from fenugreek seeds called galactomannans. That way, it enhances both the availability and absorbability of curcuminoids so that you can enjoy all of the wonderful health benefits that this turmeric extract provides.
The Science Behind the Product:
Clinical and pre-clinical data shows that combining curcuminoids with galactomannans produces 45.5 times more bioavailability and broader distribution of free curcuminoids compared to unformulated, standardised products [3,4].
In one clinical study, more than 70% of total plasma curcuminoids were still in their free form five hours after they had been ingested .
Several studies have shown or indicated that this type of turmeric extract can have multiple health benefits. These include:
Support from antioxidants
Curcumin also provides cellular protection by offering support from antioxidants [21-23]. Furthermore, it supports healthy cholesterol levels already within normal range, inhibits inflammation to promote cardiovascular health and more [7,24].
Turmeric extract inhibits inflammatory factors and thereby promotes joint health and vital organ health [5,6]. Moreover, it also inhibits the metabolism of several compounds that can enhance the inflammatory response. These include arachidonic acid, cyclooxygenase, lipoxygenase and cytokines. By inhibiting the activities of these compounds, this turmeric extract promotes a healthy inflammation response [7-9].
Brain health and immune system health
Curcumin extract inhibits inflammatory factors in the body and thereby promotes immune system health [10-12]. It can also benefit your mind: studies indicated that it supports brain health by supporting a healthy brain function and even offers neuro-protective benefits as well [7,13-15].
Digestive, joint health and pancreatic health
Evidence suggests that this turmeric extract helps promote healthy bowel function and joint health [16-19]. It also supports healthy pancreatic function by encouraging pancreatic islet health [7,20].
How to Use:
- Take one (1) capsule daily, with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Int J Biol Macromol. 2015;81:877-90.
- Cancer Res Treat. 2014;46(1):2-18.
- J Funct Foods. 2015;14:215-225.
- J Funct Foods. 2016;22:578-587.
- J Altern Complement Med. 2003;9(1):161-8.
- Adv Biomed Res. 2018;7:38.
- Aaps j. 2013;15(1):195-218.
- Curr Drug Targets. 2011;12(3):332-47.
- Ceska Slov Farm. 2014;63(1):26-31.
- Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008;52(9):1031-9.
- Arch Med Res. 2011;42(2):79-87.
- J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;136(3):414-21.
- Indian J Pharm Sci. 2010;72(2):149-54.
- Neuroscience. 2010;169(3):1296-306.
- J Biol Chem. 2005;280(7):5892-901.
- Pharmacol Res. 2015;95-96:71-81.
- PLoS One. 2014;9(9):e108577.
- Springerplus. 2013;2(1):56.
- Phytother Res. 2012;26(11):1719-25.
- J Endocrinol. 2014;223(2):107-17.
- Asian J Appl Sci. 2011;4(4):343-54.
- Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;577(1-3):183-91.
- Chem Biol Interact. 2008;174(1):27-37.
- Int J Cardiol. 2009;133(2):145-51.