Health Benefits at a Glance:
Dr. Shade’s BitterX is the upgraded version of Dr. Shade’s Bitters No. 9 and brings an even stronger formulation of detoxification supporting bitter compounds, using Quicksilver Scientific’s patented liposomal delivery form for higher-than-normal bioavailability and absorbability.
Why it Works:
Dr. Shade’s BitterX is the follow-up product to our popular liposomal detox product Dr. Shade’s Bitters No. 9. Dr. Shade’s BitterX provides even better support for digestive and overall health with it’s slightly more bitter blend of herbs (dandelion, gentian, myrrh, and solidago). These herbs work synergistically together to support the body’s detoxification process even more effectively. The active ingredients in Dr. Shade’s BitterX stimulate bile flow to move toxins out of the body and support the liver and kidneys, two major detoxification organs. Furthermore, its botanicals are lightly flavored with a touch of sweet essential orange oil.
The active compounds from dandelion, gentian root, solidago, and myrrh are delivered with Quicksilver Scientific’s unique liposomal delivery format called “Quicksilver Delivery Systems™. This unique liposomal delivery system heightens the bioavailability and absorbability of the active compounds in this product and can, therefore, have a stronger effect on the activation of the transporting compounds that are essential to the move of bile and toxins from the liver and out through the gallbladder.
The Science Behind the Product:
Dr. Shade’s BitterX contains the following ingredients:
- Dandelion - which stimulates hepatic protection, renal-, and bile flow.
- Gentian - which promotes healthy bile flow, and has been shown to increase levels of gluthatione as well as other antioxidant-supporting enzymes.
- Solidago - which for a long time has been used as a supporting ingredient for the urinary system. It also promotes diuresis and through this the elimination of toxins.Simultaneously, it also increases glutahtione S-transferase activity. Gluthathione S-transeferase is a critical enzyme in phase II detoxification.
- Myrrh - which in this product comes in an oleo gum resin form. It supports bile flow and the balancing of microbes.
How to Use:
- Take 2 to 4 pumps by mouth three times daily. Hold in mouth 30 seconds before swallowing. Repeat to desired dosage or as directed by healthcare professional.
- Take on empty stomach, at least 10 minutes before meals.
Serving Size: 1 ml (2 pumps)
Servings Per Container: 50
Amount Per Serving:
|Phosphatidylcholine (from purified sunflower seed lecithin)||35 mg|
|Proprietary blend:||410 mg|
|Liquid extracts of Dandelion (root), Gentian (root), Solidago gigantea (aerial parts), and Myrrh (Oleo-gum-resin), Essential oil of sweet orange|
Other ingredients: glycerin, water, ethanol, vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol polyethylene glycol 1000 succinate and as natural mixed tocopherols), acacia gum.
Dosage and Use:
Take 1 to 2 pumps by mouth three times daily.
Hold in mouth 30 seconds before swallowing.
Take on empty stomach, at least 10 minutes before meals.
Store at room temperature.
Use within 60 days of opening.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not exceed recommended dose.
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
If you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating, please consult with your medical practitioner first.
A food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Life Extension. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews.