Health Benefits at a Glance:
The body needs magnesium for well over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. Magnesium plays a key role in supporting cardiovascular health and building strong bones. Magnesium is an essential mineral, meaning that the body needs to get magnesium from food sources on a regular basis. Extend-Release Magnesium prolongs the period of time where magnesium is released and absorbed directly, promoting cardiovascular- and bone health in a more consistent way.
Why it Works:
Although the body needs the trace mineral magnesium for more than 300 essential biochemical reactions, most of us don't get enough magnesium from dietary sources alone. Extend-Release Magnesium is formulated with magnesium oxide for longer release and magnesium citrate for immediate absorption. Combining magnesium optimized for immediate and prolonged uptake, this advanced formula supports the body with the magnesium it needs for longer.
Magnesium relaxes the smooth muscles within the blood vessels why sufficient magnesium levels promote cardiovascular health [1-4].
Furthermore, magnesium positively influences the bone mineral matrix and its ability to metabolize minerals needed for maintaining healthy bones [5,6].
The Science Behind the Product:
Scientific literature reports that a number of minerals such as calcium and magnesium are needed to help maintain strong, healthy bones.
Dietary magnesium also plays a role in improving the metabolic profile [7-9] and beneficially impacts insulin resistance as well as serum lipid profiles. Furthermore, it also promotes a healthy inflammatory response, supports healthy endothelial function, and protects against oxidative stress [10,11].
Magnesium oxide and Magnesium citrate found in Extend-Release Magnesium Formula were shown to play a role in diminishing platelet (thrombocyte) aggregation .
Sufficient intake of magnesium can help to protect heart muscle, blood vessel walls, and blood vessel linings . Indeed, people with the highest blood levels of magnesium, and/or the highest dietary intake of magnesium can promote longevity .
How to Use:
- Take one (1) capsule once or twice daily, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2011 Nov;13(11):843-7.
- Br J Sports Med. 2006 Sep;40(9):773-8.
- Congest Heart Fail. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):9-13
- Magnes Res. 2010 Jun;23(2):60-72.
- J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Aug;83(8):2742-8.
- Biol Trace Elem Res. 2010 Feb;133(2):136-43.
- Magnes Res. 2007 Jun;20(2):107-29.
- Public Health Nutr. 2012 Apr;15(4):693-701.
- Clin Cardiol. 2000 Jun;23(6):433-6.
- Curr Opin Lipidol. 2008 Feb;19(1):50-6.
- Eur J Clin Invest. 2011 Apr;41(4):405-10
- Life Extension Magazine, Dec 2014. Magnesium: The Missing Link To A Healthy Heart