Not all olive oil is the same. Life Extension's unfiltered, cold-pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil comes from organically cultivated olives grown without pesticides, hand-picked at the peak of ripeness, and milled within hours of harvest. And our Olive Oil provides more than 800 mg/kg of naturally occurring olive polyphenols — 3 times the amount found in conventional store bought olive oils.
It's these polyphenols that contribute most to olive oil's beneficial effects. Hydroxytyrosol for instance, is a polyphenol found in olive oil that has been shown to have important cardiovascular benefits.
Olive oil is also high in monounsaturated fatty acids (primarily oleic acid), which is another underlying reason for its abundant health benefits. A study found that the intake of two tablespoons of olive oil daily supported cardiovascular health.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Made from organically grown, hand-picked and fresh milled olives.
- Contains 3 times the antioxidant polyphenols of commercial oils.
- Helps promote healthy HDL levels already within normal range.
- Helps inhibit LDL oxidation.
- Supports endothelial function and cardiovascular health.
- Promotes healthy blood pressure already within normal range.
|Not a significant source of trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.|
|Dosage and Use|
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Life Extension. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews.