FLORASSIST® Immune Health
Health Benefits at a Glance:
FLORASSIST® Immune Health uses a unique combination of probiotics to promote healthy levels of immunoglobulin A (IgA). IgA, a component of the immune system, is present in the mucous membranes in the nose, mouth and respiratory system, and can prevent bacteria and viruses from entering the body.
Why it Works:
Every year, people all over Europe are exposed to seasonal factors that can affect their immune system. Immunoglobulin A, or IgA, is a naturally occurring compound which plays an essential role in protecting the body from year-round immune challenges. It does so by protecting mucous membranes in the nose, respiratory system, and throat from immune challenges all year round. Scientists have discovered that a specific combination of certain probiotics can promote healthy levels of immunoglobulin A (IgA) [1,2]. Thereby, these probiotics help protect mucous membranes in the nose, throat, and respiratory system, and simultaneously encourages a healthy immune response in the body.
FLORASSIST® Immune Health supports your immune defense and response. It does this by providing an lgA-promoting probiotic blend which helps protect mucous membranes from immune challenges in the environment, all year round.
The Science Behind the Product:
Scientists have discovered that a specifically designed probiotic cocktail of bacteria can boost the body’s immune defense system, and in relation to this in particular mucosal secretory IgA. IgA targets both viral and bacterial invaders in the upper respiratory tract . Research has identified several* unique strains of probiotics that have potent preventive effects regarding the integrity of the human respiratory system. Their weapon against microbes and viruses appears to be the stimulation of IgA.
A clinical trial study has been performed over the course of 90 days during the cold and flu season with 250 subjects . The subjects were randomly assigned to receive either a placebo or a mixture of five unique probiotic strains specifically formulated to stimulate protective IgA  The probiotic blend delivered significant protection and reduced severity and duration of common respiratory complaints.
How to Use:
- Take one (1) capsule daily, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Pregliasco F, Anselmi G, Fonte L, Giussani F, Schieppati S, Soletti L. A new chance of preventing winter diseases by the administration of synbiotic formulations. Journal of clinical gastroenterology. 2008;42 Suppl 3 Pt 2:S224-233.
- Lefevre M, Racedo SM, Ripert G, et al. Probiotic strain Bacillus subtilis CU1 stimulates immune system of elderly during common infectious disease period: a randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study. Immunity & Ageing. 2015;12(1):1-11.
- Snoeck V, Peters IR, Cox E. The IgA system: a comparison of structure and function in different species. Vet Res. 2006;37(3):455-67.
- Pregliasco F, Anselmi G, Fonte L, et al. A new chance of preventing winter diseases by the administration of synbiotic formulations. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2008;42 Suppl 3 Pt 2:S224-33.
Read original source
†Colony Forming Units at time of manufacture.
|Dosage and Use|
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.