Health Benefits at a Glance:
It is often seen that as people get older they begin to experience joint stiffness, a loss of joint mobility, flexibility and aching joints. MSM is a natural compound that can help counter all of these joint health issues and increase the comfort of movement, while simultaneously acting as a vital component of building joint tissue, cartilage, skin, hair, and nails.
Why it Works:
As you age you may experience decreased joint mobility and flexibility as well as increased joint stiffness and pain. MSM is a crucial building block of joint tissue, cartilage, skin, hair, and nails. It is also an efficient source of sulfur which is used by many of the structural molecules in the body . Some peer-reviewed clinical research in the United States has shown that it is safe and effective in increasing joint comfort and supporting a normal range of motion. [2-7]. Therefore, this compound could help increase joint comfort for better movement, joint flexibility, mobility and thereby help sustain the quality of life for aging people.
The Science Behind the Product:
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane or dimethylsulfone) is a sulfur-containing molecule present in different plants and some body tissues [1,8-11].
Studies reported supplementation decreased muscle fatigue from exercise [1,8-11].
How to Use:
- Take three (3) capsules once or twice daily with or without food, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Read original source
- Altern Med Rev. 2003 Nov;8(4):438-41.
- Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2008 Nov;16(11):1277-88.
- Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2006;14:286-94.
- BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011 Jun 27;11:50.
- Clin Drug Invest 2004; 24:353-63.
- Iran J Pharmacol Ther 2004;3:61-5.
- Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2011;2011:528403.
- J Agric Food Chem. 1981 Sep-Oct;29(5):1089-91.
- J Biol Chem 1940;134:781-2.
- Arch Biochem Biophys 1966;113:251-2.
- Toxicol Lett 2001;123:169-177.