The Optimized African Mango Irvingia with Phase 3™ Calorie Control Complex formulation provides a combination of natural compounds that combat age-related fat accumulation. This process is possible via the following eight mechanisms:
- Delaying digestion and absorption of sucrose;
- Enhancing resting energy expenditure at the cellular level;
- Slowing the absorption of dietary fat from the intestines;
- Moderating alpha-amylase enzyme activity to reduce the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream;
- Reducing alpha-glucosidase enzyme activity to further slow the absorption of starches and sugars into the bloodstream;
- Supporting leptin sensitivity to stimulate lipolysis;
- Supporting youthful levels of adiponectin to help to maintain healthy insulin sensitivity;
- Moderating glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase enzyme activity to reduce the amount of ingested starches that are converted to triglycerides and stored as fat.
Phase 3 Sucrase Modulator
While Life Extension customers understand the benefits of calorie restriction, cutting back on refined sugar remains difficult. Sucrase is the name given to a number of enzymes that enable the conversion of sucrose to fructose and glucose in the small intestine for absorption into the bloodstream. Phase 3™ is a patented compound that functions as a beneficial sucrase modulator. It contains L-Arabinose, a natural substance, found in plants, that reduces the number of absorbed calories from sugar. Phase 3™ can help support healthy insulin metabolism and blood sugar levels.
Green Tea Phytosome Cellular Energy Enhancer
The ability of green tea to inhibit the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat has been worldwide subject of research studies. Mounting scientific research has documented the metabolic effects of green tea polyphenols. A proprietary phytosome complex has shown an ability to increase the absorption of green tea polyphenols into the blood-stream better than conventional tea extracts. Participants in a human clinical trial showed an average weight loss of 30 pounds in 90 days, when green tea phytosome was taken together with a reduced-calorie diet. Optimised Irvingia contains the exact same green tea phytosome as was used in this study.
The Alpha-Amylase Enzyme
Ageing reduces our ability to utilise the carbohydrates and fats, what most would consider part of a healthy diet. The result is that as we grow older, our bloodstreams become bloated with glucose and triglycerides in direct contrast with our younger years. Emerging scientific research suggests that the alpha-amylase enzyme has influence on these processes. Optimised Irvingia contains Phaseolus vulgaris bean extract, a natural alpha-amylase modulator that has been shown to contribute to weight loss.
The Alpha-Glucosidase Enzyme
Another intestinal enzyme that enables carbohydrate absorption is alpha-glucosidase. A patented seaweed extract, InSea2®, has the ability to help maintain healthy levels of alpha-glucosidase and alpha-amylase. Young healthy individuals rapidly convert ingested fats and sugars into energy. As we age, we lose that capacity. By taking nutrients, before each meal that reduce the activity of carbohydrate and fat digesting enzymes, the calorie burden is significantly reduced. Optimized Irvingia provides InSea2® extract.
Fat cells (adipocytes) secrete a hormone called leptin that tells our brain we have eaten enough. Leptin can also facilitate the breakdown of stored triglycerides in our adipo-cytes via the process of lipolysis. Heavy individuals have startlingly high blood levels of leptin, indicating that their cells have become resistant to the leptin that is supposed to prevent them from putting on so many fat pounds.
An extract from an African mango called Irvingia gabonensis has been shown to help support leptin sensitivity in overweight people. In a recently published study, irvingia demonstrated beneficial effects upon leptin blood levels, followed by weight loss and inches off the waistline. In addition to supporting healthy leptin sensitivity, irvingia has demonstrated the following beneficial effects on key aspects of metabolism:
- Glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is an enzyme involved in the complex biochemical process that converts ingested starch and sugar calories to stored body fat. Irvingia has been shown in studies involving fat cells to reduce the activity of glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, which may help reduce the impact of starch and sugar calories on body fat.
- Scientific research on fat cells suggests that irvingia has alpha-amylase- inhibiting properties (like InSea2® and Phaseolus vulgaris ) which can help support a slowing of the rate of carbohydrate absorption from the intestines and a reduction of the caloric impact of starchy and sugary foods.
- Adiponectin is a hormone involved in helping to maintain insulin sensitivity on the membranes of energy-producing cells. Big fat cells produce less adiponectin, and overweight people need to be especially concerned about maintaining healthy levels of adiponectin to support insulin sensitivity and metabolic fitness. Scientific data suggests that irvingia helps support healthy adiponectin levels.
Optimised Irvingia with Phase 3™ Calorie Control Complex is an innovative approach to weight loss with an additional benefit. By helping to slow the absorption of starchy food or sugars, it reduces their caloric impact. Regular supplementation with any irvingia formulation may help provide anti-ageing benefits similar to those found in a recent study.
Summary of Human Studies With Optimized Irvingia Ingredients
|Ingredient||Study||Treatment vs. Placebo|
Green Tea Phytosome Extract46
|100 overweight subjects placed on a hypocaloric diet (men: 1,850 calories; women: 1,350 calories) randomized to receive 300mg/day of green tea phytosome extract or placebo for 90 days46||
Average weight loss
30.1 pounds vs. 9.9 pounds
Waist size reduction
10% vs. 5%
(14% vs 7% in men)
|60 overweight subjects placed on a 2,000-2,200 calorie, carbohydrate-rich diet and randomized to either 445 mg/day of white kidney bean extract or placebo for 30 days47||
Average weight loss
6.5 pounds vs. 0.8 pounds
Waist size reduction
1.2 inches vs. 0.2 inches
Integra-Lean®African MangoIrvingia gabonensisExtract48
|102 overweight subjects randomized to 150 mg of Irvingia twice daily or placebo for 10 weeks48||
Average weight loss
28 pounds vs. 1.5 pounds
Waist size reduction
6.4 inches vs. 2.1 inches
|50 non-diabetic subjects were used to study the suppression effects of L-Arabinose and chromium on capillary glucose49||
Consuming LA-Cr simultaneously with a 70 gram sucrose challenge suppressed the glucose response an average of -20% compared to the control group over four different time periods
This supplement should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise program. Results may vary.
Integra-Lean® Irvingia is protected by U.S. Patent No. 7,537,790. Other patents pending
Dosage and Use
- Suggested daily intake is two (2) capsules twice, 15 minutes before meals.
- Best if taken before meals containing carbohydrates or starches, or as directed by a medical practitioner.
If you are taking blood glucose lowering medication, please, consult your medical practitioner first.
This product is designed to target several critical factors involved in age-related weight gain. Those who ingest more calories than what their body has the metabolic capacity to utilise will not see results. This is because some people are ingesting so many excess calories that no matter how much their metabolic rate is increased, or how much improvement occurs in their post-meal blood sugar and serum triglyceride levels, or how much youthful insulin sensitivity and other body fat-regulating systems are restored, they are overwhelming the metabolic capacity to utilise these calories. This will result in excess calories being stored in adipocytes. One cannot consume limitless calories and expect to shed fat pounds by taking drugs, nutrients, and/or hormones that demonstrate weight-loss effects in clinical studies.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Life Extension. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews.