Health Benefits at a Glance:
Although blood pressure is a major health concern for many people, intake of magnesium and potassium, which support normal blood pressure, is often not achievable through a normal diet . Potassium with Extend-Release Magnesium from Life Extension® is a novel magnesium/potassium supplement which promotes cardiovascular health and helps with blood pressure regulation.
Why it Works:
Potassium with Extend-Release Magnesium is made with both magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate. It is optimized for both immediate and prolonged uptake to ensure you get the maximum health benefits.
Your body uses this mineral for about 300 different biological reactions in your body . It promotes heart, arterial [1-3,10] bone [11,12] muscle health, and more [13-15]. It helps to maintain blood pressure levels already within normal range by relaxing the smooth muscles in your blood vessels, supporting blood vessel function, and promoting a healthy inflammatory response [7,16,17].
Moreover, it also helps transport potassium and calcium across cell membranes, which promotes healthy heart rhythms and supports cardiovascular health .
Potassium is involved in many of the same biological reactions as magnesium. It supports vasodilation which is the expanding of your blood vessels [4,19]. This, in turn, encourages healthy blood flow [5,19]. This mineral also encourages the body to expel sodium through urine, which supports cardiovascular health.
The Science Behind the Product:
Both of these minerals have been studied intensely.
In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, daily potassium intake significantly affected systolic blood pressure when compared to the placebo in a four week period . Potassium is also important for the transport of electrical signals in the heart to support a steady heartbeat .
These two major mineral nutrients work together to encourage cardiovascular health and provide healthy blood pressure support. In a clinical trial, daily supplementation with both of these minerals affected systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings within four weeks .
How to Use:
- Take one (1) capsule once or twice daily, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner
Read original source
- Magnes Res. 2010 Jun;23(2):60-72.
- J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2011 Nov;13(11):843-7.
- Br J Sports Med. 2006 Sep;40(9):773-8.
- Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010 Jan;235(1):10-22.
- PLoS One. 2017;12(4):e0174967.
- Am J Cardiol. 2016 Sep 15;118(6):849-853.
- Heart. 2001 Aug;86(2):212-6.
- J Nutr. 2011 Oct;141(10):1847-54.
- Clin Kidney J. 2012 Feb;5(Suppl 1):i3-i14.
- Open Heart. 2018;5(2):e000775.
- J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Aug;83(8):2742-8.
- Nutrients. 2013 Jul 31;5(8):3022-33.
- Magnes Res. 2016 Apr 1;29(4):146-153.
- J Inflamm Res. 2018;11:25-34.
- Biomedicine (Taipei). 2016 Dec;6(4):20.
- Circulation. 2000 Nov 7;102(19):2353-8.
- Diabetes Care. 2010 Feb;33(2):304-10.
- Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Pharmacother. 2017 Apr 1;3(2):108-117.
- Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006 Mar;290(3):R546-52.
- J Physiol. 2017 Apr 1;595(7):2209-2228.
- Clin Exp Hypertens. 2006 Jul;28(5):489-97.