Health Benefits at a Glance:
Nonapeptide-1 Rumex occidentalis and alpha-arbutin found in Skin Tone Equalizer can help you maintain a youthful look by reducing a dull skin complexion and yellowish appearance while supporting evenness of your skin tone as well as its lightness and brightness.
Why it Works:
Few things can cause loss of youthful-looking skin like the appearance of spots and dark patches, which can occur naturally when your body is aging. Nonapeptide-1 and Rumex occidentalis and alpha-arbutin found in Skin Tone Equalizer can, however, counter the look of aging skin [1-5].
It uses the compounds (Nonapeptide-1 and Rumex occidentalis, and alpha-arbutin) to support inhibition of age spot color intensity and to support decreasing the appearance of dark spots, age spots, and uneven pigmentation. Scientific evidence shows that these three compounds can inhibit melanin output in order to manage common pigmentation which can lead to age spots and dark patches [1-5]. Skin Tone Equalizer is directly delivered onto your skin with a unique topical applicator for support of an appearance of a clear, even, younger-looking skin complexion.
The Science Behind the Product:
LUCAS MEYER COSMETICS  have tested the effects of the active ingredients in Skin Tone Equalizer: nonapeptide-1 and Rumex occidentalis. Fifty women participated in the study. The women applied whitening cream containing nonapeptide-1 and Rumex occidentalis extract twice daily for four weeks . The results showed that:
- Dull complexion was reduced by 92% after 4 weeks and by 86% after 1 week .
- Yellowish appearance was reduced by 86% after 4 weeks and by 80% after 1 week .
- The number of age-related skin spots was reduced by 78% after 4 weeks and by 62% after 1 week .
- Evenness of skin tone increased by 88% after 4 weeks and by 74% after 1 week .
- Lightness of skin increased by 80% after 4 weeks and by 76% after 1 week .
- Brightness of skin increased by 86% after 4 weeks and by 66% after 1 week .
How to Use:
- Apply to clean skin morning and evening.
Read original source
- http://www.infinity-ingredients.co.uk/pdf/products/406.Melanostatine_-_Brochure_-_web.pdf . Accessed March 31, 2017.
- Mendoza CG, Singzon IA, Handog EB. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial on the efficacy and safety of 3% Rumex occidentalis cream versus 4% hydroquinone cream in the treatment of melasma among Filipinos. Int J Dermatol. 2014;53(11):1412-6.
- Available at: http://saian.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Tyrostat-Marketing-Brochure-8.5X11.pdf. Accessed March 31, 2017.
- http://saian.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/WhiteningPdf.pdf. Accessed March 31, 2017.
- Sugimoto K et al. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004 Apr;27(4):510-4.