Health Benefits at a Glance:
CoQ10, BioPPQ and Shilajit found in Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ can help support cellular energy production. This support function can contribute to maintaining normal heart-, brain-, and kidney-health as well as other cells which requires lots of energy to function normally.
Why it Works:
More people are supplementing with CoQ10 than ever before. A key reason for that is increased awareness that the body's production of CoQ10 declines significantly with advancing age .
CoQ10 is required to convert fats and sugars into energy which is useful for cells. That’s why Life Extension has developed Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ which contains three key nutrients to support energy production at the cellular level: easily-absorbable ubiquinol CoQ10, PQQ, shilajit. The support for cellular energy that these three nutrients provide can benefit your heart, brain, kidneys as well as all other cells in your body requiring high levels of energy to function properly.
CoQ10 is required to play an important role in maintaining normal cell energy production levels, as it convert fats and sugars into energy which is useful for all cells in your body. Sustaining adequate levels of CoQ10 is therefore crucial as t the body's production of CoQ10 declines significantly with advancing age . Ubiquinol CoQ10 is used in this formula, because it absorbs up to 8 times better than ubiquinone CoQ10.
Shilajit has been clinically shown to further increase CoQ10 absorption, promote cardiovascular health, and help restore youthful cellular energy.
PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) promotes the production of new mitochondria  and contributes to youthful cellular function in three specific ways by supporting formation of new mitochondria and support their defense systems. Furthermore, it also works as an antioxidant.
The Science Behind the Product:
Studies presented that absorption of the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 is better than the conventional ubiquinol form. Research done with middle-aged mice showed that ubiquinol was shown to be 40% more effective in slowing measurements of aging, compared to ubiquinone .
PrimaVie® shilajit is a nutrient that was presented to double levels of CoQ10 in mitochondria . A combination of CoQ10 and shilajit showed a 56% increase in energy production in the brain, which is 40% better than when CoQ10 operates alone. Additionally, a 144% increase in energy production in the muscle cells was also shown, which is 27% better than when CoQ10 was operating alone .
Shilajit stabilizes CoQ10 in its superior ubiquinol form [5,6] It also plays a role to facilitate delivery of CoQ10 into the mitochondria resulting in greater cellular energy production [7-10]. Furthermore, shilajit is rich in compounds that has an ability to help the mitochondria convert fats and sugars into adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is known as the body's main source of energy .
PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) can support youthful cellular function in several ways:
- It can promote mitochondrial biogenesis. PQQ plays a role in activating genes that stimulate the formation of mitochondria . It also interacts with genes directly involved in mitochondrial health. Furthermore, these same genes promote healthy body weight, normal fat and sugar metabolism and youthful cellular proliferation .
- It supports mitochondrial defense. Mitochondria have their own DNA which is different from nuclear DNA. PQQ's is a potent antioxidant that acts to support mitochondrial defense.
- Has antioxidant power. PQQ is a strong antioxidant. PQQ has extraordinary molecular stability which allows it to facilitate thousands of antioxidant reactions in the mitochondria .
How to Use:
- Take one (1) softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner
Read original source
- Mech Ageing Dev. 2010 Apr;131(4):225-35.
- Exp Gerontol. 2006 Feb;41(2):130-40.
- Systemic CoQ level in animals: Part II. Unpublished study. Natreon, Inc.:2007.12.
- Pharmacologyonline. 2009;1:817-25.
- Pharmacologyonline. 2009;2:690-8.
- Electron J Biotechn. 2008 Jul 15;11(3).
- Environ Sci Technol. 2002 Jul 15;36(14):3170-5.
- Environ Sci Technol. 2009 Feb 1;43(3):878-83.
- Environ Sci Technol. 2002 May 1;36(9):1939-46.
- Ghosal S. Shilajit in Perspective. Alpha Science International Limited; 2006.
- J Biol Chem. 2010 Jan 1;285:142-52.
- Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/10891 . Accessed May 21, 2013.
- Alt Med Rev. 2009; 14(3):268-77.