An increasing number of scientists recognise the critical need to protect the arterial wall from low-density lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation and inflammation. According to research, black tea contains two compounds, theaflavins and thearubigins that support arterial health. Theaflavin Standardised Extract contains many natural elements found in tea leaves that help to maintain normal levels of cholesterol.
Theaflavins have been shown in human studies to protect against LDL oxidation and favourably affect healthy circulation. Scientists have also found that black tea possesses strong antioxidant properties, protecting cells and tissue from free radical damage. In addition, theaflavins seem to help in regulating inflammation in the body.
This product contains a black tea extract which is licensed from Applied Food Sciences, Inc. and is protected by U.S. patent Nos. 6,811,799 and 6,602,527.
Dosage and Us
- Take one (1) capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Take earlier in the day if you are sensitive to caffeine.
- Each serving contains less than 8 mg of caffeine (the amount found in about a 1/8 cup brewed green tea).
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Life Extension. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews.