Many ageing individuals experience rising blood sugar levels. Despite a healthy diet and exercise, it can happen due to many factors, such as the rapid conversion of starch into glucose. The result affects even health-conscious, active people, as they age.
An all-natural approach has been designed to support the natural balance of key glucose pathways. Tri Sugar Shield provides three plant-derived nutrients that offer unrivalled optimal support for healthy glucose metabolism in ageing individuals. Life Extension Tri Sugar Shield™ contains the following three nutrients:
Sorghum Bran Extract - a grass plant found in Southern Asia that helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, by regulating four different mechanisms:
- Balancing the rate of sugar manufacture in the liver (gluconeogenesis);
- Promoting insulin sensitivity;
- Regulating PPAR-gamma, a metabolic thermostat that controls glucose metabolism;
- Regulating the enzyme alpha-amylase, which in turn controls the release of sugar found in starch.
Mulberry leaf extract - used in Chinese traditional medicine for centuries. It targets three different mechanisms:
- Targeting the alpha-glucosidase enzyme to regulate conversion of starch into glucose;
- Supporting glucose transporter GLUT4 that moves glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle and liver cells;
- Promoting insulin sensitivity.
Phloridzin - a natural polyphenol found in various fruit trees. It helps to maintain healthy blood sugar levels, by:
- Targeting carrier protein SGLT1, in turn helping to block the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream;
- Targeting carrier protein SGLT2, which supports glucose elimination via urine.
By targeting these diverse glucose pathways, Life Extension® Tri Sugar Shield™ delivers the widest possible support to help to naturally stabilise already healthy glucose levels.
|Dosage and Use|
If you are taking blood glucose lowering medication, please, consult your medical practitioner first.
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Life Extension. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews.