Health Benefits at a Glance:
Branched Chain Amino Acids Br L-valine, L-leucine, and L-isoleucine are a great choice for people who wish to take a natural supplement to improve their sports performance. These amino acids can help your body synthesise protein, and help your recover better after exercise both mentally and physically, and help provide energy for your body.
Why it Works:
If you are following a rigorous exercise program, chances are that your need for physical and mental recovery will become greater over time. This is where Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) comes into the picture.
BCAAs L-valine, L-leucine, and L-isoleucine can help enhance protein synthesis in both liver- and muscle cells. Because they can be oxidized in the powerhouse of the cell (the mitochondria), the branched chain amino acids may also provide energy and may serve as fuel sources for skeletal muscles during periods of metabolic stress [1-7]. Moreover, Branched Chain Amino Acids can improve mental and physical performance and repair the microtears that are a normal result of exercise [8,9]. And to top it off, branched chain amino acids can also reduce perceived exertion and mental fatigue during exercise [10-12], allowing you to continue your programme for longer.
The Science Behind the Product:
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) are used to support liver function [13-18]. In 2008, one study reported that supplementing BCAAs improved insulin resistance and beta cell function. Furthermore, it was also shown to improve energy metabolism and glucose tolerance in certain people [19,20]. Many athletes also use BCAAs [2,21-28]. A current mouse study showed restoring hippocampal BCAA concentrations to normal levels had the effect of reinstating normal brain function by helping the synapses to function efficiently .
How to Use:
- To be used by adults 18 years and older.
- Take four (4) capsules daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Read original source
Dosage and Use
- To be used by adults aged 18 years or older. Ingest 4 capsules on a daily basis with or without food or as recommended by a medical practitioner.
Use of this product is not recommended for individuals who suffer from ALS or disorders that impair the metabolism of branched chain amino acids.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Life Extension. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews.