Health Benefits at a Glance:
Branched Chain Amino Acids Br L-valine, L-leucine, and L-isoleucine are a great choice for people who wish to take a natural supplement to improve their sports performance. These amino acids can help your body synthesise protein, and help your recover better after exercise both mentally and physically, and help provide energy for your body.
Why it Works:
If you are following a rigorous exercise program, chances are that your need for physical and mental recovery will become greater over time. This is where Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) comes into the picture.
BCAAs L-valine, L-leucine, and L-isoleucine can help enhance protein synthesis in both liver- and muscle cells. Because they can be oxidized in the powerhouse of the cell (the mitochondria), the branched chain amino acids may also provide energy and may serve as fuel sources for skeletal muscles during periods of metabolic stress [1-7]. Moreover, Branched Chain Amino Acids can improve mental and physical performance and repair the microtears that are a normal result of exercise [8,9]. And to top it off, branched chain amino acids can also reduce perceived exertion and mental fatigue during exercise [10-12], allowing you to continue your programme for longer.
The Science Behind the Product:
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) are used to support liver function [13-18]. In 2008, one study reported that supplementing BCAAs improved insulin resistance and beta cell function. Furthermore, it was also shown to improve energy metabolism and glucose tolerance in certain people [19,20]. Many athletes also use BCAAs [2,21-28]. A current mouse study showed restoring hippocampal BCAA concentrations to normal levels had the effect of reinstating normal brain function by helping the synapses to function efficiently .
How to Use:
- To be used by adults 18 years and older.
- Take four (4) capsules daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Read original source
- Arzneimittelforschung. 1998 Mar;48(3):236-9.
- J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2009 Feb;55(1):52-8
- Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2007 Dec;17(6):595-607.
- Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1998 Jan;30(1):83-91.
- J Nutr. 2001 Apr;131(4):1171-6.
- Surgery. 1981 Aug;90(2):237-43.
- Physiol Res. 2001;50(1):25-33.
- J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2000 Sep;40(3):240-6.
- Sports Med. 1999 Jun;27(6):347-58.
- J Nutr. 2006 Feb;136(2):544S-547S.
- Int J Sports Med. 2007 Jun;28(6):531-8.
- J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2007 Sep;47(3):316-22.
- Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005 Jul;3(7):705-13.
- Dig Dis. 2011;29(3):326-32. Epub 2011 Aug 9.
- Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004 Apr 1;19(7):779-88.
- Nutr Res. 2009 Feb;29(2):89-93.
- Nutrition. 2007 Feb;23(2):113-20.
- Intern Med. 1998 May;37(5):429-34
- Int J Mol Med. 2008 Jul;22(1):105-12.
- Liver Int. 2007 Nov;27(9): 1287-92
- Nutrition. 2002 May;18(5):376-9.
- Amino Acids. 2001;20(1):1-11.
- Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Jul;32(7):1214-9.
- J Nutr. 2004 Jun;134(6 Suppl):1583S-1587S.
- Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1994;69(1):26-31.
- Chin J Physiol. 2011 Apr 30;54(2):71-8.
- J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2011 Mar;51(1):82-8.
- J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2008 Sep;48(3):347-51
- Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2010 Jan 5;107(1):366-71
Serving Size 4 vegetarian capsules
Servings per Container about 22
|Amount per Serving
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule).
Dosage and Use
- To be used by adults aged 18 years or older. Ingest 4 capsules on a daily basis with or without food or as recommended by a medical practitioner.
Use of this product is not recommended for individuals who suffer from ALS or disorders that impair the metabolism of branched chain amino acids.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
A food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.