Super Omega-3 Plus EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans, Olive Extract, Krill & Astaxanthin, 120 softgels
Health Benefits at a Glance:
Omega-3 acids and DHA in Super Omega-3 Plus EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans, Olive Extract, Krill & Astaxanthin can support your cardiovascular system and brain. Furthermore, the fish oil used in this product has been gently purified by a proprietary process to rule out contamination with environmental pollutants.
Why it Works:
Researchers have long known the benefits of the omega-3 fatty acids, which are abundant in the Mediterranean diet. Now, however, a new branch of research has surprisingly shown that omega-3 fatty acids from different sources can have complementary benefits throughout the body. As part of our OMEGA FOUNDATIONS® line, Super Omega-3 Plus EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans, Olive Extract, Krill & Astaxanthin provides the body with omega-3 fatty acids from krill- and fish oil, which together can provide enhanced support for your cardiovascular system as well as your brain - all in a single softgel.
Both fish oil and krill oil provide omega-3 fatty acids to help restore the omega-6/omega-3 balance in the body . Furthermore, the omega-3s found in krill oil are incorporated more rapidly into the red blood cell phospholipids, which are quickly absorbed into brain cells .
Furthermore, this product also contains astaxanthin, which is a powerful antioxidant carotenoid that has been shown to control free radical activity and boost mitochondrial function . Astaxanthin may help support joint, DNA, brain, the cardiovascular system, the immune system and mitochondrial health.
Standardized olive fruit polyphenol extract is also included in this formula. Polyphenol extracts from olive fruit may help protect normal LDL cholesterol from being oxidized. And finally, it’s worth mentioning that this product is made with fish oil so pure that they exceed international standards for the best purity on the market.
The Science Behind the Product:
The OMEGA FOUNDATIONS® supplement features AlaskOmega® - a fish oil made from wild-caught cold-water Alaska Pollock which is processed in the United States. For the production of fish oil, proprietary technology is used that purifies the fish oil within a highly advanced distillation process that diminishes the pollutants from the environment. Additionally, fish oil is also produced from a Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified sustainable fishery, dedicated to sustainable harvesting practices and protection of the fishery ecosystem.
Astaxanthin found in the Super Omega-3 Plus EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans, Olive Extract, Krill & Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant carotenoid which is naturally present in krill oil. Astaxanthin has been shown to play a role in controlling free radical activity and increasing mitochondrial function . Research shows that this antioxidant can help support the joints [4,5] as well as brain [6,7], cardiovascular- [8,9], immune- [10,11] and mitochondrial health [12-15].
Furthermore, it can also support healthy blood glucose levels for those already in the normal range [16-18] and can protect sensitive cells in the eye [19-22]. Research also suggests that polyphenol extracts from olive oil can help to protect normal low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol from oxidation [23-27]. Besides, sesame lignans in Super Omega-3 Formula Plus play a role to support the omega-3 fatty acids by making them more stable [28,29].
How to Use:
- Take two (2) softgels twice daily with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Lipids Health Dis. 2013 Dec 5;12:178.
- J Lipid Res. 1999 Oct;40(10):1867-74.4. J Nutr Biochem. 2010 May;21(5):381-9.
- J Nutr Biochem. 2010 May;21(5):381-9
- Photochem Photobiol B. 2007 Jul 27;88(1):1-10.
- J Photochem Photobiol B. 2006 Dec 1;85(3):205-15.
- MC Neurosci. 2012 Dec 29;13(1):156.
- FASEB J. 2009 Jun;23(6):1958-68.
- Arzneimittelforschung. 2011;61(4):239-46.
- Nutr Res. 2011 Oct;31(10):784-9.
- Nutr Metab (Lond). 2010;7:18.
- Chem Biol Interact. 2011 Aug 15;193(1):79-87.
- vailable at: http://www.beta-glucan-info.com/astaxanthin.htm Accessed April 22, 2015.
- Available at: http://www.chiro.org/nutrition/FULL/Antioxidants_Relative_Singlet_Oxygen_Quenching_Rates.html. Accessed April 22, 2015.
- Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34(6):839-44.
- Food Chem Toxicol. 2011 Jan;49(1):271-80.
- Biofactors. 2004;20(1):49-59.
- Redox Rep. 2002;7(5):290-3.
- Med Hypotheses. 2011 Oct;77(4):550-6.
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 2001;1512 :251-8.
- Mol Vis. 2013 Jul 25;19:1656-66.
- Mar Drugs. 2013 Mar 21;11(3):960-74.
- J Pharm Pharmacol. 2008 Oct;60(10):1365-74.
- Anal Chim Acta. 2007 Feb 5;583(2):402-10.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Sep 5;55(18):7609-14.
- Lipids. 2001 Nov;36(11):1195-202.
- Eur J Cancer. 2000 Jun;36(10):1235-47
- Eur J Nutr. 2007 Mar;46(2):70-8.
- Metabolism. 2006 Mar;55(3):381-90.
- Biochem Biophys Acta. 2004 Jun 1;1682 (1-3):80-91.
Read original source
|Dosage and Use|
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.