Fish oils & omegas
Omegas are vital to a longer life.
Your body needs fatty acids to survive.
Take care of your heart, joints, and cognitive health and counteract inflammatory factors with optimal doses of especially EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids.
Why omega-3s are so important
Are you getting your omega-3s?
An imbalance in our fatty-acid intake is a contributor to chronic inflammation, which is associated with many common diseases.
Modern diets cause this imbalance by lacking omega-3s and being filled with omega-6 fats found in e.g. red meat, poultry, egg, and most processed foods.
Unless your food intake is also rich in seafood like fish and shellfish, it most likely is missing omega-3s.
That's where a supplement with these critical fatty acids is very helpful!
The health benefits of EPA & DHA
EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids have many benefits. Together they:
- Promote healthy heart and blood vessel function
- Support brain, cognitive, and mental health
- Help counteract inflammation to support whole body health, e.g. joints
- Encourage longevity (according to recent studies)
Cardiovascular or heart disease is the leading cause of death and thus supporting a healthy heart is central to a long life, as is a healthy brain.
Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA Fish Oil, Sesame Lignans & Olive Extract
Fish oil with state-of-the-art cleaning and processing.
Along with the rest of the Super Omega-3 line, this pure, high-potency formula has undergone IFOS testing and bears the IFOS seal.
This pure, high potency formula is enhanced with the synergistic nutrients sesame and olive extracts which help the omega-3s from fish oil work even better in the body and make it unique on the market.
Best in class
This fish oil supplement is superior🧿
On top of the many health benefits already provided in the Super Omega-3 line:
This product offers additional omega-3s from concentrated Antarctic krill oil and is augmented with the super-antioxidant astaxanthin.
The result is an even more comprehensive approach to heart and cognitive health.
EPA/DHA fish oil
Mega EPA/DHA delivers the benefits of omega-3s, without additional ingredients. It contains fish oil made from anchovy sustainably sourced in the South Pacific. This pure, fresh fish oil provides the omega-3 fatty acids you need in easy-to-swallow softgels.
Or go for enchanted support with nutrients that work hand-in-hand with omega-3s in the Super Omega 3-line.
Mega GLA Sesame Lignans
Not all omega-6 fatty acids are of equal value. Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) from borage oil, on the other hand, helps promote healthy inflammatory response
and prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) levels, both of which promote whole body health.
The concentrated Mega GLA formula is also enhanced with sesame lignans to boost effectiveness.
Vegetarian DHA is made with highly refined DHA oil, derived entirely from sustainably sourced algae.
The omega-3 fatty acid DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) is an important polyunsaturated fatty acid found in the brain. It supports eye and brain/cognitive health and provides prenatal support as it is an important nutrient for the developing child.
There are environmental contaminants in the fish oils. They have undergone state-of-the-art processing and cleaning, which results in good stability.
All the fish oils are made in sustainable fisheries. They are processed within hours to provide exceptional freshness.
Super Omega-3 products have the IFOS seal. IFOS is an organization setting the highest quality standards for fish oil and testing for purity, stability, and potency.
Fish oils & Omegas
Out of stock
See recommended product
Enjoy exceptional freshness
There are quality criteria for fish oil, and it must be cleaned and processed.*
The need for purity and stability
Environmental contaminants such as heavy metals, dioxins, and PCBs accumulate in fish, and fish oil needs to undergo processing and cleaning to ensure a safe product with absent or very low levels of these toxins.
Aside from purity, stability is important as fish oil can go rancid and would then not be as healthy anymore. The processing also needs to be gentle to protect the delicate omega-3 fatty acids.
State-of-the-art process in sustainable fisheries
All the fish oils from Life Extension® are of the highest quality and do not contain contaminants, on the contrary, they often exceed industry standards for purity and quality.
They have undergone state-of-the-art processing, which results in good stability. They are made in sustainable fisheries and processed within hours to provide exceptional freshness.
The IFOS certificate
All the Super Omega-3 formulas have also undergone IFOS testing and bear the IFOS seal.
IFOS is an independent organization setting the highest quality standards for fish oil and testing for purity, stability, and potency.
No more fishy aftertaste
This processing also means that you can avoid acid regurgitation with a fishy aftertaste — as can be quite normal with the intake of fish oil.
If you want to be absolutely sure of no fishy aftertaste, you can choose "enteric coated softgels" for extra protection. Learn more about the product here.
Fat, fatty acids, omegas, fish oil, EPA/DHA in a nutshell
The body requires fat for energy, structure, and other purposes.
Fat is composed of fatty acids. Only two fatty acids which come from plants are essential for the body, one in the omega-6 family (linoleic acid) and one in the omega-3 family (alpha-linolenic acid, ALA).
Omega fatty acids are unsaturated fatty acids that have special, beneficial properties, versus saturated fatty acids/fat from milk and meat.
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic) are the biologically important omega-3 fatty acids from fish. While these are not essential as the body could build them from ALA, the production is not efficient and thus it's better to obtain EPA and DHA in preformed form.
A typical Western diet is often filled with foods containing high amounts of omega-6 fats (red meat, poultry, eggs, and most processed foods) and usually lacking omega-3 fatty acids, which promotes inflammation. But, omega-6 is not all bad as some amount is required, and one omega-6 fatty acid (GLA) is especially beneficial as it helps counteract inflammation.
In essence, most people don't obtain enough health-promoting omega-3 (EPA and DHA) from their diet and can greatly benefit from fish oil supplementation.
Enjoy the many benefits of EPA and DHA
The fish-oil-derived omega-3 fatty acids DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) are vital nutrients that impact many aspects of health, their range of benefits is known to be protective against diverse types of diseases:*
- Published data support higher intake of omega-3 for both the prevention and management of cardiovascular conditions.
- Higher levels of the omega-3 index and regular intake of omega-3s have both been found to reduce the risk of cardiovascular events like heart attack and stroke and to reduce mortality from heart disease.
- Omega-3 fatty acids play a critical role in the brain and protect against cognitive decline. One reason is that they are a key component of brain cell membranes that generate and conduct the electrical signals playing a role in movement, language, reasoning, and memory.
- High intake in midlife is found to maintain brain white matter integrity (important to overall brain health and cognitive ability) in old age.
- Intake is also demonstrated to impact levels of brain growth factors that support the survival, development, and adaptability of neurons.
- Particularly the DHA part of fish oil provides brain and eye health benefits.
- The benefits of omega-3s in the brain extend to mental health, and studies show that lower fish oil or omega-3 intake is associated with a greater prevalence of depression.
- A study showed that omega-3 fatty acids significantly improved depression symptoms in pregnant and postpartum women.
Elevated triglycerides are linked to metabolic disturbances that increase heart attack and stroke risk. The omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA are shown to lower triglycerides and other lipoproteins by:
- Increasing the clearance of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins from the bloodstream
- Decreasing the liver’s production and secretion of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins
- Increasing the activity of lipoprotein lipase, which breaks down triglycerides so the body’s tissues can use the fatty acids
- Chronic inflammation drives nearly all forms of chronic disease, including cancer, obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cognitive decline, and dementia.
- EPA and DHA work in different ways to limit and resolve inflammation, providing greater benefits together than either one alone. This can help lower the risk for most age-related chronic illnesses.
- Along with the diseases mentioned, the anti-inflammation benefits also include arthritis and joint pain relief. Moreover, a study indicated that omega-3 intake promoted muscle mass and strength in older adults.
Recent studies offer strong indications that:
- Omega-3 supplementation can decrease fasting blood glucose as well as insulin resistance, compared to placebo.
- Fish oil or oily fish intake is associated with a lower risk of type II diabetes.
Longevity & lifespan:
The Framingham Heart Study is one of the longest-running and most influential medical studies in history. Compared to individuals with the lowest omega-3 index score, those with the highest had:
- An increased life expectancy of 4,7 years
- A 34% lower risk of death from any cause
- A 39% lower rate of developing cardiovascular disease