Probiotics & Prebiotics
Support more than 100 trillion gut bacteria in your body!
With these trillions outnumbering regular body cells 10 to 1, it's very clear that having beneficial gut bacteria has a huge impact on your health — and should not be overlooked.
Probiotics are mainly beneficial bacteria that can be ingested to support gut (gastrointestinal tract) health, and research shows that they promote not only the GI tract but the entire body, including the brain.
Prebiotics are, simply put, what nourishes your probiotics.
The principle behind all probiotics is simple:
REPLACE unhealthy or dangerous organisms with those that contribute directly or indirectly to human health.
THE END RESULT should be a reduction in the population of the “bad guys”, and the establishment of a more protective environment.
Find out more about probiotics and how can they help you:
Facts on probiotics & their importance
Probiotics play a crucial role in restoring a healthy bacterial population.
- Probiotics are beneficial live microorganisms most of which are found in the healthy human gut, and the majority of probiotics are healthy bacteria.
- These “good” bacteria are beneficial in many ways, including some that help fight off “bad” bacteria to protect your health.
- Probiotics take part in the larger community of microorganisms that live in many areas of your body, such as your gut, skin, and mouth. This larger community is most commonly referred to as your “microbiome”.
- Due to modern diets and lifestyles, pollution, overuse of antibiotics, and even simple aging, the beneficial bacteria in your microbiome are at risk, which leads to an imbalance between good and bad gut bacteria. This again can lead to a variety of chronic diseases.
- In addition to adjusting dietary and lifestyle habits, adding fermented foods and supplemental probiotics to your diet can help maintain this crucial bacterial balance.
The strains are head-to-toe helpers
Different probiotic strains are in use, and they go way beyond digestion.
Initially, probiotics were thought to be beneficial only for gut and digestive health. But, depending on the strains, these helpful organisms have now been clinically demonstrated to support nearly every part of you: Your mouth, throat, liver, heart, immune, and brain health!
And as research continues, new targeted probiotics are being developed for conditions such as constipation, and to support longevity.
Many different strains of probiotic organisms are in use, and they:
- Conquer potentially dangerous organisms in the intestine
- Reduce the risk of infection or toxin-mediated diseases
- Suppress excessive inflammation
- Balance the way the immune system reacts to environmental allergens
- Encourage antibody production
Our bestselling probiotic product
A potent probiotic for optimal digestive health
This innovative formula can:
- Provide a powerful probiotic blend designed to rebalance gut flora
- Maximize successful probiotic colonization via use of a dual-encapsulation delivery system
- Support and strengthen your immune system
While many supplements provide just one type of bacteria, a probiotic with varieties of good bacteria can better help against bad bacteria. FLORASSIST® provides a proprietary blend of seven strains of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium bacterial strains.
Immunity & Seasonal support
More than 70% of the immune system resides in the gut, but the intestinal system produces more antibodies than the rest of the body put together!
The enormous importance of the GI tract balancing and boosting the immune response has been increasingly recognized in recent years. If you're looking specifically to support your immune health, for instance, to prevent seasonal discomfort, Lactobacillus rhamnosus CRL-1505 might be the way to go. The product below contains this strain.
Mood & Brain health
Clinical studies indicate that communication between the gut and the brain largely affects mood, emotional well-being, and mental outlook.
These studies have found that a combination of two unique strains of probiotics, Lactobacillus helveticus R0052 and Bifidobacterium longum R0175, can relieve symptoms of stress as well as support mood and emotional balance.
The product below contains these strains.
Strep throat is a bacterial infection that causes a painful sore throat and fever. It can also lead to very serious complications. A strain of Streptococcus salivarius obstructs the growth of bacteria that causes strep throat.
Lozenges containing the probiotic S. salivarius K12 have been shown to protect against strep throat in both adults and children. In two clinical trials, this specific strain reduced the incidence of strep throat by as much as 84% in adults and 97% in children. The product below contains this strain.
The strain of Lactobacillus called L. reuteri 30242 can promote cardiovascular health by removing excess cholesterol from the body and increasing the metabolism of cholesterol.
Human studies on L. reuteri supplementation demonstrate impressive results. Over a six-week period, the supplemented patients’ total cholesterol dropped by nearly 5% and LDL cholesterol fell by nearly 9%.
They also had a significant decline in concentrations of apolipoprotein B-100 (apoB-100), a marker of LDL particle number and a known risk factor for cardiovascular disease. The product below contains this strain.
Studies show that oral probiotics improve gum health and reduce risk factors for dangerous periodontal (gum) disease.
That risk reduction, in turn, translates into a substantially lower risk for a host of systemic diseases. S. salivarius strain BLIS M18 is one of the “good guys.”
Once it has established its colonies in the mouth this targeted probiotic competes with the harmful bacteria that cause tooth decay and periodontal disease to reduce their relative abundance. The product below contains this strain.
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is the most common cause of chronic liver damage. There are often no warning signs of this disease until damage to the liver is severe.
Scientists have discovered a close link between the health of the liver and the gut and designed a carefully targeted blend of liverprobiotics with prebiotics.
Clinical trials have shown that this probiotic and prebiotic blend, combined with dietary and lifestyle adjustments, can significantly reduce several markers of NAFLD severity, and even appears to stop the damage it does to the liver. Find this blend here:
Pre & Probiotics
Which probiotics do what?
When consuming probiotics, it's important to know that different probiotic strains have separate benefits.
Each probiotic has three names in the following order: Genus, species, and strain. For example: In Lactobacillus rhamnosus CRL1505, Lactobacillus is the genus, rhamnosus is the species, and CRL 1505 is the strain.
Get free professional help to find the right probiotic strains for you >>
Digestion & Gut health:
- L. reuteri DSM 17938
- L. acidophilus CL1285
- L. casei LBC80R
- L. rhamnosus CLR2
- L. acidophilus NCFM
- L. paracasei Lpc-37
- B. lactis BI-04
- B. lactis Bi-07
- B. breve (Bbr8)
- L. plantarum (14D)
- B. animalis (subspecies lactis BLC1)
- L. paracasei (IMC 502)
- L. rhamnosus (IMC 501)
- L. acidophilus (LA1)
- B. longum (subspecies longum SP54)
Mouth & Throat health:
- S. salivarius (K12)
- S. salivarius (M18)
- L. plantarum (L-137)
- Lactobacillus casei (PXN 37)
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (PXN 54)
- Strepococcus thermophilus (PXN 66)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (PXN 35)
- Bifidobacterium breve (PXN 25)
- Bifidobacterium longum (PXN 30)
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus (PXN 39)
Mood, Brain & Mental health:
- Lactobacillus helveticus (Rosell-52)
- Bifidobacterium longum (Rosell-175)
Allergies & Immunity:
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (CRL 1505)
- Respiratory System31 B. lactis (BS01)
- L. plantarum (LP01)
- L. plantarum (LP02)
- L. rhamnosus (LR04)
- L. rhamnosus (LR05)
Heart / Cardiovascular health:
- Lactobacillus reuteri (NCIMB 30242)
- L. rhamnosus SP1
- L. acidophilus L-92
Urinary & Vaginal health:
- L. crispatus LbV 88
- L. crispatus CTV-05
- L. crispatus GAI 98322
- L. gasseri LbV 150N
- L. jensenii LbV 116
- L. rhamnosus LbV 96
- L. rhamnosus GR-1
- L. reuteri RC-14
Get free professional help!
Book 30 minutes with one of our skilled Health Advisors and get help to find the strain you need.
With a 30-minute consultation, you can find your fit to benefit from our range of probiotic products.
For a healthier every day, you can ask for advice and knowledge about your health right here.
The consultation is possible in English, German, and Spanish.