How to lose belly fat? AMPK is known as a master regulator of metabolism.
AMPK is an enzyme (protein) found in every cell of your body, telling your cells to stop storing fat and start burning it for energy, especially around the abdomen.
- Over time, declining AMPK levels can cause the accumulation of abdominal fat
- Internal processes decrease in rate as we age; as is for cellular AMPK activity
- AMPK is often the cause of unwanted body weight gain
- Hence it is important to maintain youthful levels of AMPK
- You can promote healthy AMPK levels with the right diet and help from certain supplements.
AMPK: Metabolic activator
An AMPK activator is not a “diet supplement” and taking it will not, on its own, encourage weight loss. (So be wary of any product that claims to do so.)
However, increased AMPK signaling can decrease appetite, as well as impact how your cells use and store energy. The AMPK activator also supports overall body temperature as well as helps supports hormone balance.
So, think of it as a companion to your overall weight management strategy, rather than the ultimate secret to lose the belly fat.
How to activate AMPK
AMPK is a gene that is activated when cellular energy levels are low. The gene has also been found to be activated by the antidiabetic drug metformin.
AMPK stimulates a process known as autophagy that enables cells to degrade and eliminate damaged components, which helps protect against aging.
"We have shown that when we activate the gene in the intestine or the nervous system, we see the aging process is slowed beyond the organ system in which the gene is activated," commented senior author David Walker, who is an associate professor of integrative biology and physiology at UCLA.
Out of stock
See recommended product