Apigenin is a dietary flavonoid commonly found in fruits and vegetables.
What is apigenin?
Apigenin is a powerful natural plant flavonoid, found in camomile extract. It demonstrates significant anti-proliferative effects.
- Studies suggest consuming fruits and vegetables may lower prostate cancer risk
- Apigenin helps inhibit remaining senescent cells from making SASP
- This can support cellular and tissue health, a critical aspect of healthy ageing
- Studies show that apigenin inhibits tumour growth and promotes apoptosis
Other benefits of apigenin
- Apigenin also offers brain protection by combating neurodegenerative diseases
- Apigenin promotes cardiometabolic health by lowering cholesterol
- Apigenin can help in reducing blood sugar
- Apigenin may help protecting the heart muscle
- Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties shield cells from oxidative stress