Horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) is a type of tree that grows throughout the Northern Hemisphere.
Scientific studies on escin, a bioactive compound found in horse chestnut, have shown its veno-protective properties and its ability to help combat water retention.
Benefits of horse chestnut extract
- Can help reduce inflammation
- Horse chestnut extract can support a healthy fluid balance with antioxidant benefits
- Has venotonic benefits, may be helpful to veins (especially in legs)
- Has vasoprotective functionality, it can be protective of vessels or duct actions
- Venotone is an extract of horse chestnut with high bioavailability
Sustained release provides continuous activity while minimizing the potential for gastric irritation.
A twelve week study has shown that continual use of Horse Chestnut Seed Extract can significantly decrease lower leg volume.