What is it and what are the L-glutamine benefits? It is the most abundant free amino acid found in the body, serving as a building block for proteins.
What is L-glutamine
L-glutamine is an amino acid produced by the body and found in food. It is critical for a healthy gut and immune function and an important energy source for cell lining and immune cells. It is also a precursor of the brain neurotransmitter glutamate.
Glutamine is utilized in a number of vital functions, including protein synthesis – important for maintaining muscle health – and production of the nucleotide units that make up DNA and RNA (Ribonucleic acid).
- Support healthy intestines
- Help contribute to a stronger immune system
- Help reduce pain in eccentric exercise (elongating bigger muscles in bicep curls)
- Support immune function in heavy-load-training athletes
- L-glutamine can promote blood sugar control
- Help contribute to cognition and brain agility
Glutamine is especially recommended for people who suffer from intestinal problems, those who need to protect their gastrointestinal tract, those with immune dysfunction, and anyone under heavy stress (including strenuous exercise) or recovering from injury or other trauma.
This amino acid is popular with body builders and with those who wish to perk up their physical and mental energy. Plus it tastes good!
Out of stock