L. acidophilus is a probiotic bacteria that naturally occurs in the gut and other parts of the body.
This bacteria helps the digestive system break down sugars like lactose into lactic acid.
In other words; it provides the goodness of yoghurt without the fat, calories, and sugar to increase healthy flora.
L. acidophilus benefits
The bacterial strain L. acidophilus of probiotic bacteria can:
- Adhere to the soft lining of the intestinal tract
- Help maintain a healthy intestinal surface
- Supports the digestive system
The intake for L. acidophilus can support defence of the following infections:
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Promotes easine of diarrhea and improved bowel function in cases
- Increased HDL (good) cholesterol
- Improved markers for metabolic syndrome, inflammation, and heart disease
- Helps improve allergy-driven immune response
- supports improvement of markers for ulcerative colitis and irritable bowel disease
- Increased control of blood sugar
- May decrease the DNA damage that can trigger malignant cell development