Potassium is involved in multiple biological reactions in the body. The most potassium-rich food sources are fruits and vegetables.
Your body uses this mineral for about 300 different biological reactions in your body.
What is potassium?
- Potassium is necessary to maintain healthy blood pressure already within the normal range
- It does this by relaxing the smooth muscles in your blood vessels
- Potassium promotes a healthy inflammatory response
- This mineral encourages the body to expel sodium through urine
- This in turn supports cardiovascular health
- It in turn supports vasodilation which is the expansion of your blood vessels
- Potassium promotes healthy heart rhythms and supports cardiovascular health