Collagen is essential for beautiful and youthful-looking skin, and the ability to maintain skin elasticity.
The benefits of collagen
Partially broken-down collagen, known as hydrolyzed collagen, is highly absorbable and can reach the skin and joints. There, it stimulates collagen production.
It also improves the overall health and youthfulness of these tissues.
- This fibrous protein matrix can also provide support for tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bones.
- Collagen is the most prominent protein in the body. It gives form and strength to various tissues, including the skin and joints.
- Collagen production declines with advancing age.
- In the skin, that leads to dryness and wrinkles.
- In joints, it causes a breakdown in cartilage that can result in arthritis.
Clinical trials have demonstrated that intake of hydrolyzed collagen results in younger-looking skin, improving hydration and reducing wrinkles, while protecting joints and improving their function.
Taking oral collagen peptides spurs the synthesis of new collagen, improving skin elasticity, boosting essential structural proteins, and reducing the size of eye wrinkles by as much as 20%.