B vitamin coenzymes are crucial to the metabolic pathways to generate the energy needed in every cell in the body.
What is vitamin Bs?
B vitamins are a group of 8 water-soluble vitamins, and they are often thought of as energy vitamins. The body does not store them, so they need to be replaced daily.
Many B vitamins are used in the body individually. They are used in combination with enzymes to help release energy from carbohydrates, fat, and protein.
What you need to know about B vitamins
- The functions of B vitamins in the body include turning food into energy, facilitating DNA repair and support, keeping your nervous system and immune function healthy, protecting against vision loss and UV-induced skin damage, and more.
- B vitamins can also inhibit diseases associated with aging such as cardiovascular disease and neurodegenerative disorders (and cognitive decline).
- Taking a B-complex supplement for 60 days has been shown to improve depression and anxiety symptoms, compared to placebo.
- These vitamins are water-soluble, which means that they are not stored but are quickly washed out of the body. Therefore, a daily replenishment is required.
- The need for B vitamins is more critical for specific individuals, such as those taking certain medications or those following particular diets because B vitamins are impacted by low dietary intake.
- Moreover, at-risk individuals and all aging people (poor absorption is associated with age) can greatly benefit from a daily comprehensive B-vitamin complex (or a high-quality multivitamin).
Out of stock
See recommended product