Keto Food Tips Basics
Clean out before you go on the Keto Diet
There is still some truth to the old saying “out of sight, out of mind”. Removing sweet and carb filled temptations from your household before you go keto can pay long term dividends and spare you lots of frustrations.
Go for (healthy!) fatty foods
Yes, fat is in fact your friend on the keto diet. One of the great things about carbs is that they make you feel full. But instead you can focus on fatty foods such as avocado, fatty fish, meat and cheese to get the same feeling of satiety on the keto diet, since you can’t eat too many carbs anyways.
That doesn’t mean that you can just eat cheese and pepperoni all day long, however. Sticking to the keto diet means getting not only fat but also tons of vegetables and proteins too.
Keto Diet foods we love
- Fatty meats like steak or fish
- Avocados (a lot of avocados)
- Herbs and spices
- Dark leafy greens
- Nuts and seeds
- Full fat cream
- Healthy oils (olive oil, ghee oil, avocado oil)
- Cauliflower and other low-carb veggies
Keto foods to avoid
- Processed and added sugars
- Fruits (except for berries sparingly)
- Potatoes and other starchy veggies
- Low-fat foods
- Many condiments or sauces
- Sugar added alcoholic beverages
See our selection of Keto productsShop now