Brain: Support your memory and ability to concentrate
Going through an average day we make thousands of decisions and perform many tasks which require focus, memory, and concentration. Some say we make up to 5,000 decisions each day about everything from what to wear, business-, social-, and health decisions to family life.
Therefore, getting the right nutrients is key for your brain health. Learn more in this blog.
100 billion neurons and the working memory
The brain consists of about 80-100 billion neurons, and each of those neurons is connected to other neurons through about 10,000 synapses on average. (1)
The more neuron connections you have in your brain, the better your memory will be and the faster it processes information. This also means that your focus and attention span will be better and longer.
Studies of cognition report on something called working memory. (2) We can think of working memory as akin to our desktops (real or on a computer). It is the “space” where we hold various bits of information.
All of this takes place in the blink of an eye, and we are not ever conscious of the complex interactions going on deep in our brains.
Loss of working memory impairs our ability to operate efficiently in an ever-changing world, and contributes to the confusion and uncertainty that plague many as we age. Improvements in working memory are therefore measurable gains.
Boost your cognitive function with supplements
There is no way around that having a healthy brain and mind is essential to having a healthy body. Therefore, it also makes perfect sense to supply it with all of the nutrients they need to function optimally. Taking care of your brain health, therefore, means taking care of your cognitive, nervous, and memory function.
As we age, some cognitive decline is inevitable – but you can take steps to prevent it. Our unique, scientifically formulated mix of supplements can help you stay sharp and protect your brain against the natural aging process:
- Neuro-Mag® Magnesium L-Threonate: Researchers discovered and patented magnesium L-threonate based on its unique ability to boost brain levels of magnesium. Rapid absorption and ability to enter the brain enables this magnesium to structurally reverse certain aspects of brain aging (3-6). A recent human study demonstrates the benefits of magnesium L-threonate in adults with cognitive dysfunction, sleep disorders, and anxiety (3).
- Cognitex Basics: Feed your mind with the quality brain food and lay a strong foundation for cognitive health
- Quick Brain Nootropic: Once-a-day formula for cognition speed
- Dopa-Mind: Maintain youthful cognitive health
- Energy Renew: Reduce general fatigue and maintain energy levels
2. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, March 25, 2013
3. Liu G, Weinger JG, Lu ZL, et al. Efficacy and Safety of MMFS-01, a Synapse Density Enhancer, for Treating Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;49(4):971-90.
4. Slutsky I, Abumaria N, Wu LJ, et al. Enhancement of learning and memory by elevating brain magnesium. Neuron. 2010;65(2):165-77.
5. Abumaria N, Yin B, Zhang L, et al. Effects of elevation of brain magnesium on fear conditioning, fear extinction, and synaptic plasticity in the infralimbic prefrontal cortex and lateral amygdala. J Neurosci. 2011;31(42):14871-81.
6. Li W, Yu J, Liu Y, et al. Elevation of brain magnesium prevents synaptic loss and reverses cognitive deficits in Alzheimer’s disease mouse model. Mol Brain. 2014;7:65.
Other blog topics
- Vitamin D’s winter immune benefits
- NAD+: Stem cell renewal & mitochondria regeneration
- Fight your fatigue with french oak wood
- Boost your immune system for the cold season
- Mood: Vitamin D and omega-3 increase serotonin
- Health basic — start your journey here
- Pink ribbon — how to boost breast health
- How to lower your cholesterol
- Why vitamin C is good for you
- Improve endurance exercise performance and recovery
- A healthy prostate
- Could you use a little more energy?
- Zinc — boost your immune health