Top 10 menopause supplements
Menopause affects all women differently. A healthy diet and regular exercise can help keep menopause in check or less overwhelming, as can targeted nutrition.
Manage the changes of menopause
Siberian rhubarb addresses some of the more common menopausal discomforts, including hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, sleep disturbances, exhaustion, vaginal dryness, and more. See our picks for the best support.
The healthier baseline you're able to establish now, the better equipped you'll be to navigate these changes.
10 best supplements for women's menopause
Best overall menopause supplement:
- Menopause 731™ >> This non-hormonal formula works so great at stabilizing many symptoms.
Best supplement for perimenopausal discomfort:
- Youthful Woman 40+ with B-Complex >> It contains eight essential B vitamins to support healthy and youthful energy levels, combined with a patented Siberian rhubarb extract that can help provide relief from discomforts typical of aging and perimenopause.
Best supplement to promote breast health:
- Breast Health Formula >> It contains indole-3-carbinol (I3C), found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, and other nutrients that benefit breast health, including phytoestrogens from soy.
Best supplements to promote healthy sleep:
- An all-night melatonin supplement — one that provides both immediate and extended-release. Our pick: Melatonin IR/XR >> or the new Rest & Renew >> with Ashwagandha.
Best bone health supplement:
- Bone Restore with vitamin K2 >> With less estrogen comes lower bone density; the majority of bone loss you'll experience in your lifetime is within the decade that you go through menopause. Bone Restore with vitamin K2 is packed with ingredients that help your bones stay youthful.
Best anti-aging skincare supplement:
- Declining levels of estrogen can cause your collagen levels to take a dip. Our new Daily Skin Defense >> helps with hydration, collagen production, and protection against everyday oxidative stress.
Best formula to keep your sex drive alive:
- Well, that dip in estrogen doesn't just affect your hair, skin, nails, and bones. It also means you may be less interested in sex — even if you're "in the mood" mentally and emotionally. Enhanced Sex for Women 50+ >> is a best seller for a good reason.
Best menopause supplement for weight loss:
- There's no magic supplement that will melt away menopausal weight, but you will find options that make it easier to stick to your goals. Body Trim and Appetite Control >> uses a clinically studied combination of lemon verbena and hibiscus extracts to help you master your appetite and avoid overeating.
Best menopause supplement for weight loss and less bloating:
- Bloat Relief >> Bloating during menopause can happen due to changes in your gastrointestinal tract, which Bloat Relief addresses.
Best memory supplement for menopausal women:
- Many women find themselves a bit more forgetful and can struggle to concentrate. Try Life Extension's highly advanced brain health support formula Cognitex® Elite >>
Did you know...
Trial finds ashwagandha can provide relief for symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes, heart discomfort, sleeping problems joint or muscular discomfort, vaginal dryness, sexual discomfort, and/or bladder issues.
Targeted nutrition & tips for women
Making sure the body gets the right nutrients to stay healthy can be challenging in a hectic everyday life.
Whether we’re juggling childcare, work, working out, caring for the family and elderly, cooking, volunteering, or all of the above, women do it all!
Read more health related blogs for women
- Pink ribbon — how to boost breast health
- Mood: Vitamin D and omega-3 increase serotonin
- Your guide to NAD+
- Probiotics and what you need to know
- The supplement pyramid
- See all the blog articles
- Gopal S et al. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2021 Dec;47(12):4414-4425.
- Chen MN et al. Climacteric. 2015 Apr;18(2):260-9.
- Heger M et al. Menopause. Sep-Oct 2006;13(5):744-59.
- Kaszkin-Bettag M, et al. Menopause. 2007 Mar-Apr;14(2):270-83.
- Kaszkin-Bettag M, et al. Altern Ther Health Med. 2009 Jan-Feb;15(1):24-34.
- Hasper I, et al. Menopause. 2009 Jan-Feb;16(1):117-31.
- Freeman EW, et al. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2006 Apr;63(4):375-82.
- Birkhäuser M. Ther Umsch. 2021;78(8):427-434.